Are you buying or selling a business or franchise?
No matter what the size of the business may be or what industry it may fall within, our experienced Commercial and Business Lawyers can assist you with giving pre-contract advice and providing Due Diligence and other clauses to protect you before you sign a Contract.
Buying a Business
Buying a business can be overwhelming given there are so many elements for you to consider. Whilst you may be skilled at providing the goods or services of the business, you will also need to consider things such as stock, work in progress, marketing, staff arrangements, insurance, leasing the premises, complying with superannuation and GST requirements and so on.
When we act for you in your purchase of a business, we will do the following conveyancing work:
- provide you with pre-contract advice, free of charge, prior to signing the Contract
- provide you with a clear picure of how business Conveyancing Works
- draft special conditions which may be relevant to your circumstances or to give you further protection in the event that our searches of the business you are purchasing are unfavourable
- negotiate any contract terms which are unfavourable to you
- ensure that you comply with contract terms, conditions and timeframes set under the Contract
- undertake Due Diligence for you and advising of any licences you may require for the business
- liaise with the landlord of the business’ premises to either assign the vendor’s existing Lease, or have a new Lease drafted for you
- provide advice on any restraint of trade that you require to impose on the vendor
- undertake searches for you to ensure that you are aware of any matters affecting the business and liaising with your accountant to peruse any business figures
- liaise with your financier to organise settlement and any cheques to be drawn for the seller
- stamp the Contract of Sale and transfer documents and arrange payment of transfer duty with the Office of State Revenue
- attend settlement for you
- prepare final settlement statements
Contact our experienced Business and Commercial Lawyers today for advice about your Business Conveyancing Works.