Road Accidents

In Queensland if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident which has been caused by somebody else, you may have entitlements to make a claim with the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer.

Injuries can occur on the road as a driver, passenger, pedestrian, motorcycle rider, a cyclist or on public transport.

There are different laws and time limits which apply in road accidents depending on the location of the accident.  Please contact our experienced Compensation Lawyers to obtain advice on the circumstances of your accident as soon as possible.

What to do if you’ve been involved in a road accident?’

If you have been injured in a road accident, all motor vehicles include Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance in which you may be able to make a claim for compensation against the ‘at fault’ vehicle.

If you have been involved in a road accident, the first step is to ensure that you: –

  • Document the incident (if possible) by taking photographs, recording the relevant registration details of the vehicles involved;
  • Report the incident to your local police station;
  • Find out the details of the relevant CTP Insurer of the ‘at fault’ vehicle;
  • Report and obtain a medical certificate from your doctor.

If you have suffered an injury on the roads, the experienced Compensation Lawyers at Lockett McCullough Lawyers can provide to you specialised advice in relation to your work injury enquiry.

Our Costs

Lockett McCullough Lawyers can offer “No Win No Fee” payment arrangements which means you pay no money up front towards your legal costs.

Get a free appraisal!

Call us at a location that suits you!

07 3870 8244 (Toowong)
07 3264 7692 (Albany Creek)
07 5449 7500 (Tewantin)