Public Liability

You may be able to claim compensation if you have suffered an injury as a result of somebody else’s negligence.  Property owners and occupiers owe a duty of care to ensure the reasonable safety of people coming onto their property.  This includes private properties and public property.

These types of claims may include: –

  • A slip and fall on wet surfaces due to spills or contaminants such as in a supermarket or when attending a private property or in rental premises;
  • Trips and falls due to hazards;
  • Injuries from faulty equipment or products;
  • Assaults;
  • Dog bites;
  • A fall on private property such as rental premises;

What to do if you are injured in a public liability incident?

If you have suffered an injury and you believe it was caused by the negligence of another person or company, the first thing you should do is: –

  • Take photos of the location of the incident, the hazard or spillage causing your injuries and take photos of your injuries;
  • Seek medical treatment and tell your doctor what happened;
  • Keep records and receipts of your lost income, expenses and dates of any medical consultations.

There are strict time limits to make a claim for compensation for workplace injuries.  It is important to get advice as early as possible.

If you have suffered an injury, the experienced Compensation Lawyers at Lockett McCullough Lawyers can provide you with specialised advice in relation to your public liability incident.

Our Costs

Lockett McCullough Lawyers can offer a “no win no fee” payment arrangements which means you pay no money up front towards your legal costs and you only pay legal fees if you receive compensation for your injuries.

Get a free appraisal!

Call us at a location that suits you!

07 3870 8244 (Toowong)
07 3264 7692 (Albany Creek)
07 5449 7500 (Tewantin)